Monday, August 23, 2010

SpongeBob Birthday

The big day has finally arrived and my big boy celebrated his 5th birthday in style this weekend. His choice of a theme this year - SpongeBob. I decided to take it up a notch though and not just do the same old SpongeBob ideas....I got creative!

I took the main colors of yellow and blue and carried them throughout the party with the labels, tissue poms and table cloths. A huge thank you to Channone Smith for taking such wonderful photos, my hubby for helping with all the food and decorating, Debbie who made the SpongeBob sugar cookies with me and my mom for the place mats. The kids all had a wonderful time (and went home on quite the sugar high) and I was very happy with the way it turned out!!





This was the dessert bar I set up. Had to set it up inside due to the 100 degree heat! Didn't want his cake to melt or all the beautiful cookies I had help making.











Even with the heat outside, everything still turned out wonderful! The kids loved the bounce house and pool and worked up quite an appetite.















Poor Alex has been having to contain himself these past weeks and not eat any of the candy and cookies that have been around. He was so happy to finally have a cookie and so was Sissy!






Finally he got to blow out the candles on his cake and open presents. Such an exciting day and now....kindergarten!


4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

OMG it looks amazing! Great job :)

DIY Party Mom said...

It was such a suprise to be reading Kara's party ideas and see your party. There in front were my Sponge bob cans.

I LOVE to see what you did with them. You did a great job with the party and it was fun to be a part of it.

Congrats on being featured! And congrats on an amazing party.

Belinda said...

Adorable. I'm doing a Spongebob party for my soon-to-be five-year-old next month. You have so many cute ideas!

brittany said...

Hello, did you order the decor or make it?