Sunday, October 17, 2010

Finally......Fall!

Today was a wonderful fall day, finally!! With all this 90 degree weather I was wondering if Mother Nature was just going to skip fall altogether this year. In celebration of the beautiful fall weather I made a great dinner that I felt properly celebrated the season. It turned out delicious, my thanks to Giada and Food Network Website! To get the full recipe below click here!

I did cheat a little and bought the butternut squash ravioli at the new Fresh N' Easy store in town. But the sauce was adapted from Giada's recipe. I first lightly toasted 1/2 a cup of toasted walnuts in a pan. After they were done (you know they are done once you can really smell the walnuts, great aroma!) I put the toasted walnuts in a bowl and then melted 2 sticks of butter over medium heat. I then added the walnuts, 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, some dried basil leaves and pinch of salt. After about 3 minutes I took it off, poured it over the cooked ravioli, added some Parmesan cheese over the top and......a great taste for fall! Yum!

No comments: