Sunday, January 16, 2011

My new obsession.....


One of my big resolutions for 2011 was to cook more. I love to cook and bake, and with 2010 being such a busy year between moves, my business & the kid's busy schedules I found us eating take out or prepared food more and more. So I resolved that this year I would be a better wife and mommy and provide more home cooking.

In my journey to cook more and discussing this resolution I was turned on to the Pioneer Woman's blog. If you haven't read her blog or checked out her cookbook, finish this blog and GO, you can thank me later. I bought her cookbook earlier this week and have looked at it daily since. I have promised myself that I will make it through every single recipe in her cookbook. Then you can read all about my diet after that....geesh.

To kick things off I made her Linguine with Clam Sauce last night while we were entertaining friends. To say it was amazing doesn't do it justice. And if you shudder at the thought of clams don't worry, it isn't an overly powerful seafood taste. Just the right balance.

Tomorrow morning we are taking the kids on a snow day, but before we take off for the day I'm making Pioneer Woman's famous cinnamon rolls. I don't think they will disappoint either...!

As for baking, I am on class #2 for cake decorating and learning to make some amazing looking flowers. I can't wait for someone to have a birthday or celebration so I can make them a cake! Alex has been helping me in the kitchen too, such a great baker in training.

No comments: