Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Celebrations

This past weekend was a busy one full of celebrations. I feel so blessed to have so much to celebrate in my life! October 9th I celebrated my 29th birthday. I was initially pretty bummed out that I had to work on my birthday but once I got to work I immediately found myself feeling better after I found my office decorated and cupcakes waiting for me.

That evening Paul, Alex and I drove down to Santa Monica to see my childhood friend, Natalie, get married on Saturday. I wouldn't have missed this day for all the money in the world. I have known Natalie as long as I can remember, her parents are like my second parents - in fact my kids call them Grandma and Papa Toy. The ceremony was so beautiful, out on the Santa Monica beach. I was glad that it was such a beautiful day for them and it was a great chance to catch up with the Toy family and see many faces I hadn't seen in a long time, including Natalie's brother Jonathan who was her "man of honor." Natalie was a beautiful bride and was positively glowing. Alex, being the flirt he is, followed her around all day and was quite smitting. Congratulations Natalie and Marc!


Natalie, Jonathan and I.


Natalie & Marc with us after the ceremony.


Alex goofing around on the playground on the beach.


Natalie and Alex posing, very sweet!

Another celebration that took place this week was welcoming a four legged friend into our family. We adopted Ernie on Sunday and he has quickly become a solid addition to our family and secured a place in all of our hearts. With his quirky little underbite and funny personality we just love him to pieces. Alex ran around a good part of the day saying "I'm so glad Ernie is here!" He loves to run after him saying "Ernie, Ernie, Ernie" and Amelia follows behind saying "Onie Onie Onie" in her attempt to call him as well. Some people may think I am crazy taking on another responsibility in my life right now (and I probably am) but rescuing this little guy and seeing the delight on my children's face makes it all worth it.


No comments: