Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yo Ho Ho and Once Upon a Time


We rang in Amelia's 3rd birthday with a fun fairy and pirate's theme! Amelia loves Tinkerbell but lots of boys were attending the party as well so I threw in some pirates to balance things out.

I was extra lucky this year to have my friend and neighbor, Melissa Garcia, take all of these beautiful photos! She did a great job capturing this fun day and my darling girl enjoying her special party.

Instead of a bounce house this year I decided to try out the company A Wish Your Heart Makes. This company has characters you can hire for your party so of course I had to get a Tinkerbell and Pirate. I was very happy with the characters and the kids loved them! They told a story, sprinkled fairy dust on the kids, played games and face painted. So much fun!












I made Amelia's cake for the party and was thrilled with how great it turned out! It also tasted delicious!


In addition to the cake I made lemon fairy cupcakes and chocolate pirate cupcakes.









I sent all the boy's home with pirate goodies (pirate hook hands, eye patches and suckers) and the girl's went home with wands, crowns and Tinkerbell crayons and notepads. I made some beautiful rose flower balls (that I discovered on the blog House of Smith) and I attached the silhouette's of some fairies to them and hung over the goody table. I also added a Tinkerbell centerpiece I crafted using my Cricut machine.






As usual I went over the top for this party and always have to thank those that support my often overly ambitious ideas. My mom came down early to help decorate and contributed some amazing food, as did my wonderful mother in law. My favorite girls came over the night before to help with the cupcakes and set up. My sister wife Erin especially was a help in keeping my head screwed on straight and did the amazing fairy wands! My cousin Sarah assisted with the banner and of course my loving husband supported me the entire way. Thank you to everyone who helped!

And a happy, happy birthday to my princess! We love you so much!




No comments: