Sunday, June 21, 2009

A very special day....



Daddy, I Love You
Daddy, I love you
For all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you
'Cause you love me, too.

You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile 'cause I love you
On this Father's Day.
-Author Unknown


It's Father's Day!!! The kids and I woke up this morning and cooked Paul a special father's day breakfast of bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls - and coffee of course! The kids each gave Paul his card and his present was a new bbq smoker which he has been wanting as well as the 2010 Tiger Woods golf game for the Wii. I also bought him a tri tip that we can make for dinner tonight so he can try out his father's day gift. Good for all of us!

I do want to take a minute to say how lucky I feel everyday to have such a wonderful husband and father. Paul is much more patient with both kids than I am and really has embraced fatherhood. He gives so much to our kids and makes our little family feel loved and safe everyday. So thank you my love for all that you do!





Father's day is a sad day for me as well though since I cannot spend the day with my father. We used to have very relaxed days to celebrate father's day when my dad was alive because that was what he would enjoy most, and then we would cook a nice dinner. I miss my dad everyday, but especially today.



It just so happens that Father's Day also fell on our wedding anniversary this year. We aren't doing much today to celebrate since we are going up to Sea Ranch with good friends next weekend. Today is our actual 'wedding' anniversary, the day we had our big wedding. Our April 20th wedding anniversary is our 'legal' anniversary day. I am so luck to have two days of anniversaries to celebrate! Since this is our 6th year the gifts are suppose to be wood, so Paul got his smoker and I am finally going to get either a bench or table for our entry way. Happy 6th anniversary Paul, I love you more and more each day!!


No comments: